Whether you are a trainer, work at a shelter or for a rescue group, are a vet or vet tech, foster dogs or are living with a fearful, shy or anxious dog, you will learn something about helping these dogs by attending a seminar.
How you handle and interact with a fearful dog is crucial to their rehabilitation and confidence building. Dogs can always be on the path toward improved skills and abilities. Knowing how to work appropriately with them makes all the difference.
This 3-4 hour presentation will provide an overview of fear based behaviors including:
- Why dogs are afraid
- What fear looks like in dogs
- Creating safe spaces
- Techniques for handling & training a fearful dog
- Triggers, thresholds, counter conditioning and desensitization
- Techniques to avoid when handling fearful dogs
- Medications, supplements & alternative treatments
2.5 CEUs are available for CPDTs
If you would like to offer a seminar or workshop or would like to attend one please contact us.
Comments or questions are welcome.
Powered by Fast Secure Contact Form